Board of Water Supply
Powers, Duties & Functions
The Board of Water Supply shall:
- Review and submit to the Mayor the Department of Water Supply's request for an annual appropriation for operations and capital improvements.
- Recommend the establishment and adjustment of rates and charges for furnishing water; such rates and charges shall be submitted to the Mayor for review and approval. If approved by the Mayor, proposed rates and charges shall be submitted to the Council for enactment by ordinance.
- Perform such other duties and functions as shall be prescribed by law. (Amended 2002, 1992, 1988)
- William Kamai - Chair (Wailuku) 3/31/2016
- John Hoxie, Jr. - Vice Chair (Haiku) 3/31/2014
- Donald Gerbig (Lahaina) 3/31/2014
- Patricia Eason (Hana) 3/31/2014
- James Rust (Kula) 03/31/2016
- Robert Joslin (Wailuku) 3/31/2017
- Michael Suzuki (Makawao) 3/31/2017
- Cyrus Kodani (Lahaina) 03/31/2018
- Thomas Watanabe (Kula) 03/31/2018
The Board of Water Supply shall consist of nine members who shall be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the Council. The Director of the Department of Planning and the Director of the Department of Public Works and Environmental Management shall be non-voting ex-officio members of the Board of Water Supply.
The Board of Water Supply shall act as advisor to the Director of the Department of Water Supply, the Mayor and the Council in all matters concerning the county's water system. (Amended 2002, 1988)