The Building Plan Review Section reviews building permit applications for compliance with the adopted building code and energy conservation code.
- 2006 Int'l Residential Code (IRC) - Ord 3929 - New Maui County Code Chapter 16.08A, eff March 19, 2012
- 2006 Int'l Building Code (IBC) - Ord 3928 - New Maui County Code Chapter 16.26B, eff March 19, 2012
- Wind Maps - Maui, Molokai, and Lanai
- 2006 Int'l Energy Conservation Code -Ord 3685 - New Maui County Code Chapter 16.16A, eff December 20, 2009
- Maui County Code, Section 16.26.106, Design Registration
- Indigenous Hawaiian Architecture Structures
Building Plans Review Section
250 S. High Street
Kalana Pakui Bldg, Room 100
Wailuku, HI 96793
Ph: (808) 270-7236
Fax: (808) 270-7972
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
International Code Council
Learn more about the International Code Council by visiting their website. Code books and other publications can be purchased at the ICC Store.
State Building Code Council
Act 82, SLH 2007 (the Act) created the State Building Code Council (the Council) which is adminstratively attached to the Department of Accounting and General Service. The purpose of the Council is to establish a state building code which would eliminate the fragmented building requirements which currently exist between counties. The state building code would include the latest fire code as adopted by the State Fire Council, the latest edition of the International Building Code, the latest edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code, and Hawaii design standards to implement Act 5, Special Session Laws, 2005 as applicable to emergency shelters and essential government facilities.
Disability and Communication Access Board (DCAB)
The Building Plans Review Section requires a "Document Review" compliance letter from DCAB for all State of Hawaii and County of Maui projects prior to the issuance of a building permit.