Solid Waste Resource and Advisory Committee
The Department of Environmental Management oversees the committee's work. The Solid Waste Resource Advisory Committee's duties involve:
- Reviewing current operations and data to make specific recommendations for increasing efficiencies, diverting more tons, and limiting landfill risk.
- Building consensus among SWAC, staff, Maui policymakers, and State regulators to pursue one of a number of options that provide a healthy environment and service to the rate payer.
- Drafting a practical plan that is a blueprint for implementation
Contact us through Email
or call the Maui County Recycle Hotline at
- Maui - (808) 270-7880
- Molokai - (800) 272-0117
- Lanai - (800) 272-0125
Agendas, Minutes, Meeting Presentations
The following companies provide various duties:
- Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, Inc. has provided 26 years in assisting jurisdictions develop, evaluate, and implement waste management plans.
- A-Mehr, Inc. is an engineering firm specializing in landfills.
- Mediation Services of Maui, Inc. facilitates consensus among the Solid Waste Research Advisory Committee members.