Click on the document titles below to be directed to the FEMA website where you can download your own copy.
- Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House, FEMA-347 (2000)
- Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program, F-084 (2011)
- Coastal Construction Manual, FEMA-P-55, (2011)
- Elevated Residential Structures, FEMA-54 (1984)
- Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards, FEMA P-85 (2009)
- Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas, FEMA-257 (1994)
- Protecting Building Utilities From Flood Damage, FEMA-P-348 (1999)
- Protecting Floodplain Resources, FEMA-268 (1996)
- Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding, FEMA 511 (2005)
Other Flood Resources
Review these resources from FEMA to find out more on flood preparedness:
- Do you need a flood development permit? Find out more HERE.
- Are you located in the Special Management Area? Find out HERE.
- Learn more about Special Management Area permit requirements HERE.
- Think ahead regarding the path of water on your property during a flood event. If the water breaches your wall, will it be able to drain away?
Local Library Resources
The State library system has these publications available to check out at your local library. Find them in their online catalog at www.librarieshawaii.org.
- Flood insurance study: Maui County, Hawaii
- Draft environmental assessment for modification to the ʻĪao Stream Flood Control Project, Wailuku, Island of Maui, Hawaiʻi. Modification to the ʻĪao Stream Flood Control Project, Wailuku, Island of Maui, Hawaiʻi
- Disaster and climate change preparedness in Maui : a handbook for communities
- Flash flooding standard operating procedure
- Lahaina watershed, County of Maui, Hawaii: final watershed plan and environmental assessment
- Beach management plan for Maui
- A statewide ocean recreation management plan for the State of Hawaiʻi: final report. Addendum: North Shore of Maui
- County of Maui emergency operations plan
- Environmental assessment : Maui coastal wetlands boardwalk & wildlife interpretive facilities, Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge, Maui coastal wetlands boardwalk & wildlife interpretive facilities, Kealia Pond Na-tional Wildlife Refuge
- Ho'ola hou i ke kino o Kanaloa : Kaho'olawe environmental restoration
- Flood warning
- Atlas of Hawaiian watersheds & their aquatic resources. Island of Maui
- Flood control and flood water conservation in Hawaii
- Are you ready?: an in-depth guide to citizen preparedness. In-depth guide to citizen preparedness. IS (Series) (Washington, D.C.)
- Natural hazard considerations for purchasing coastal real estate in Hawaiʻi : a practical guide of common questions and answers
- Tsunamis. Natural disasters
- Tsunami man : learning about killer waves with Walter Dudley
- Tsunamis in Hawaiʻi