Change in Zoning

A Change in Zoning (CIZ) may be required when property is proposed to be used in a manner not allowed under the current zoning of that land. A Change in Zoning must be in conformance with the State Land Use District and Community Plan for the region.

How To Apply:
Complete the Change in Zoning application packet and submit it to the Department of Planning.

Approving Agencies:
A Change in Zoning is processed through the appropriate Planning Commission and adopted through ordinance by the Maui County Council and Mayor.

Duration of Approval:
No expiration

Non-refundable filing fee (see Fee Schedule, Table A) payable to "County of Maui, Director of Finance".

Related Applications and Forms:


Contact Information:
Department of Planning
Current Division
2200 Main Street, Suite 619
Wailuku, HI 96793
Ph: (808) 270-8205